October 04, 2020
It's been a few weeks since I started working on the plan for what is needed to launch a first version of Akigi.
I've made progress, but not as much as I need in order to start having a clear path forwards.
I will be renting a hotel room for two days this week, bringing not much more than a few notebooks.
No phone, no laptop, no technology.
While at the hotel I will finish the plan for making and launching an enjoyable version of Akigi.
I'll buy food so that I don't have to worry about cooking, and perhaps take a walking break here and there since the hotel is in a nice area.
I've slowed down my work on the editor tool for placing initial entity spawn points in order to focus on writing out the plan for Akigi's game play and remaining architecture.
My top priority is having a clear path towards an initial release so that I can begin to receive and iterate on feedback from real players.
Anything else is secondary right now.
In the last week I made more progress on the editor tool for placing entity spawn points.
I'd estimate that there are roughly three dozen hours of work left, mainly because I have been re-writing parts of the asset loading systems and other asset related logic along the way.
I have been lightly investing in generalizing different aspects of the engine so that they are not coupled to Akigi, since my longer term goal is for the editor to be applicable to other use cases.
Working on loading and rendering assets in the editor. A lot of the asset system is coupled to Akigi's needs, so removing this coupling so that the editor can be more general purpose.
Our finances for September 2020 were:
|item||cost / earning|
|adobe substance||- $19.90|
|adobe photoshop||- $10.65|
|adobe illustrator||- $22.38|
I would like to get back to being able to share images and videos of my progress in these journal entries.
Give me a couple of weeks or so to get the planning and tooling out of the way so that I can get back to working on the game.
Cya next time!