112 - Texture Allocator Progress

March 28, 2021

I started off this week working on building out the runtime texture allocator.

I made great progress on this front and have a basic allocator working. I'm in the middle of refactoring parts of Akigi to start making use of the new allocator.

During the last half of the week I took a break from working on the allocator and spent time working on a library that I'm planning to open source soon.

I think that the library will be a game changer for applications that deal with synchronizing state between clients and servers, so I'm very excited to get it working and released. More details to come.

Other Notes / Progress

  • I've been in procedural macro land for a few days while working on this new library. I'm much more comfortable with writing proc macros than I was back in 2018 or so when I wrote Percy.

Next Journal Entry

I'm going to spend a bit more time working on that open source library that I plan to publish in the coming weeks.

I'll also be spending more time getting the texture allocator working in the game so that I can move on to working on game play again.

We'll get there,