027 - Mar 3, 2019
It's been two weeks and I've gotten a lot done - but sadly nothing that you can see and play with.
Fixing the texture atlas compilation process
I got a new laptop towards the end of January, and in February I noticed that by texture atlas compilation script wasn't working properly.
Had an imagemagick script to flatten PSD layers of my choosing into a PNG file but upgraded imagemagick recently and that broke down..— C Francis Nwafili (@chinedufn) February 15, 2019
So after a couple hours of googling for existing tools decided to try my hand at writing my own exporter.
Looks doable - will open source!
It was generating all black for all of my textures, whereas it used to generate the expected colors.
Some sort of weird issue while using
imagemagick for my Photoshop exporting script.
After some time I started working on my own
.psd file parser and ended up publishing it on GitHub at the psd crate.
After porting my compilation process to using
psd under the hood.
I wrote a library called Percy mid 2018 so that I could use
Rust to build
Of course - this means that anytime I need new functionality that doesn't exist I need to go and add it.
This time around I needed to add a procedural macro for creating routes.
I've gained a bit of proc macro experience recently so this only ended up taking a weekend.
Our financials for February 2019 were:
|item||cost / earning|
There are two things needed to be able to work on the game full time:
The game is good enough that people are playing it
The game is making money
In order for number 2 to even be possible, we need to implement billing/payments.
I'm going to focus on doing that this week, so that I can turn my entire focus back to making a game that's worth playing.
Cya next time!